Newsletter October 21 2021
Dive into the world of stories – Listen to the “Avoin työlle” podcast!
Perttu Pölönen and his guests explore the jobs, unemployment, ways of working, and future skills of the new era. For example, what experiences do our freelance members have; a farmer who likes coding or a social worker active in social media?
- YTK member Reetta Somppi: “When I want to go on holiday, I need to be unemployed.”
- Familiar from Instagram @venla.sossu: The most interesting job in the world
- One should not be ashamed of one's past – on the contrary, says the coder and farmer
Another episode each Wednesday.
The Avoin työlle podcast is in Finnish.
TIPS FOR EARNINGS-RELATED UNEMPLOYMENT SECURITY:
What you need to know about taxation and earnings-related unemployment security
You should soon take a look at your accrued income and make sure your tax rate is determined correctly. It’s easy and can be done in the blink of an eye.
Part-time lay-offs and the working time limit
We are currently receiving a lot of communications from puzzled persons about reviewing the working time limit for those who are laid off. We understand this, as the law works against common sense here.
MORE BENEFITS FROM YTK ASSOCIATION!
Pssst… we will share a very useful secret with you already up front
From the beginning of next year, a completely new entity will be at your service at the YTK Association: Lakikaveri. This “legal buddy” service will assist you in matters related to employment in even more detail and on a wider scope.
This means that you will not be left alone even in smaller matters, but you will get advice, assistance or a lawyer’s consultation work in problematic employment situations. The service is available to you at the price of the membership fee. We have already tested the benefit this year and it has been very positively received.
In order to be able to quickly contact a lawyer when needed, you should now do two things:
- Check that in addition to being a member of the unemployment fund, you are also a member of the YTK Association. Check your membership status on the OmaYTK combined member’s benefits page.
- Join now if you are not already a member of the YTK Association.
You will have access to full legal services after six months of membership*. However, you will be eligible to receive advice immediately from a lawyer by phone when you become a member.
* Full legal services = chatbot, telephone counselling, additional legal costs and legal protection insurance for the association’s membership fee.
News about the association
- We are distributing 12 career coaching scholarships – please apply by 31 October! The coaching package is worth 500 euros and includes both online coaching and personal career counselling. Read more and apply for a scholarship! (in Finnish)
- Eduhouse’s range of thousands of work-related online trainings are included in your membership benefits, and the range has now been renewed with MySpeaker’s top coaches. Enable the training sessions and win a headphone set!