Local government pilots on employment to begin in March
In the local government pilots, part of the TE Office's customers will be transferred to municipalities. The experiment will examine whether the services for jobseekers can be improved by arranging the services for jobseekers through municipalities. The aim of the development of services is to achieve faster employment. The local government pilot project is ongoing from 1 March 2021 to 30 June 2023.
The municipality participating in the local government pilot is responsible for providing services to jobseekers. The pilot municipalities issue statements on the right to benefit to the payers of the unemployment benefits.
Do I have access to a local government pilot?
Not all jobseekers will be transferred to a local government pilot. However, you don't have to find out for yourself whether you can participate in a local government pilot or not. If your customer account is transferred from the TE Office to the local government pilot, you will be informed of it either by letter or electronically through the TE Office's online services. In addition, you will be contacted about the local government pilot in your area.
If your customer account remains at the TE Office, you will not receive a separate notification and there will be no changes to the interactions.
When you register as a jobseeker during the pilot, you will be informed of where your account belongs.
The basic matters remain the same
- Register as an unemployed jobseeker with the TE Office on the first day of the unemployment or lay-off at the latest.
- When you register as a jobseeker during the pilot, you will be informed in your acknowledgement of receipt of where your account belongs.
- If you are covered by the pilot, the municipality will take care of employment-related services.
- Attend meetings organised by the municipality and follow the plans drawn up with the municipality. Failure to comply with the municipality's instructions may result in a fixed period during which no benefit is paid, i.e. a suspension period.
- Apply for earnings-related daily allowance from the unemployment fund normally.
- The TE Office's online service is still at your disposal. Your messages and information will be directed to the municipality.
- You will receive personal advice on employment and job search from the municipality.
Pilot areas and municipalities
- Espoo local government pilot: Espoo
- South Ostrobothnia region local government pilot: Alavus, Isojoki, Karijoki, Kurikka, Kauhajoki, Teuva and Soini
- Helsinki local government pilot: Helsinki
- Hämeenlinna region local government pilot: Hämeenlinna, Hattula, Janakkala
- Joensuu region local government pilot: Joensuu, Outokumpu, Liperi, Polvijärvi, Kontiolahti
- Jyväskylä region local government pilot: Jyväskylä, Laukaa, Muurame, Äänekoski
- Jämsä-Keuruu-Saarijärvi local government pilot: Jämsä, Keuruu, Saarijärvi
- Kainuu region local government pilot: Hyrynsalmi, Kajaani, Kuhmo, Sotkamo, Suomusalmi, Paltamo, Ristijärvi
- Kokkola region local government pilot: Kokkola, Kannus, Perho, Kaustinen, Veteli, Halsua, Toholampi, Lestijärvi
- Kuopio region local government pilot: Kuopio, Iisalmi, Lapinlahti, Siilinjärvi, Sonkajärvi, Vieremä
- Lahti region local government pilot: Lahti, Hollola, Asikkala, Kärkölä, Orimattila
- Mikkeli region local government pilot: Mikkeli, Juva, Hirvensalmi, Mäntyharju, Kangasniemi, Puumala, Pertunmaa
- Oulu region local government pilot: Oulu, Hailuoto, Ii, Kempele, Liminka, Lumijoki, Tyrnävä, Muhos
- Pirkanmaa local government pilot: Tampere, Akaa, Hämeenkyrö, Ikaalinen, Juupajoki, Kangasala, Kihniö, Lempäälä, Mänttä-Vilppula, Nokia, Orivesi, Parkano, Pirkkala, Punkalaidun, Pälkäne, Ruovesi, Sastamala, Urjala, Valkeakoski, Vesilahti, Virrat, Ylöjärvi
- Pori region local government pilot: Pori, Kokemäki, Ulvila
- Porvoo local government pilot: Porvoo
- Raahe region local government pilot: Raahe, Pyhäjoki, Siikajoki
- Raasepori and Hanko local government pilot: Raasepori, Hanko
- Rovaniemi region local government pilot: Rovaniemi, Tornio, Kemijärvi, Sodankylä
- Salo region local government pilot: Salo, Marttila, Koski Tl
- Savonlinna local government pilot: Savonlinna
- Seinäjoki and Ilmajoki local government pilot: Seinäjoki, Ilmajoki
- Turku region local government pilot: Turku, Laitila, Paimio, Sauvo, Uusikaupunki
- Vantaa and Kerava local government pilot: Vantaa, Kerava
- Ylivieska region local government pilot: Ylivieska, Alavieska, Kalajoki, Merijärvi, Oulainen