If I join now, when can I apply for daily allowance?
The coronavirus epidemic has generated worries about the economy and employment. At present, many people are joining the unemployment fund, which is a smart move at this point.
Only as a member of an unemployment fund will you be able to apply for earnings-related daily allowance for the duration of unemployment or lay-off. If you are not yet a member of the unemployment fund, we recommend you to join now.
If you are a member of an unemployment fund and become unemployed or are laid off, we can pay you earnings-related daily allowance on application. There are, however, requirements and restrictions concerning the payment.
We can pay you earnings-related daily allowance, if
- You have been a member of an unemployment fund for a minimum of 26 weeks (either in one fund or in total when you have transferred directly from one fund to another).
- You have fulfilled the condition regarding employment during your membership and the review period.
- There are no other hindrances.
It is also required for the payment that
- You are registered as a job-seeker in the TE Office
- There are no hindrances for the payment according to the labour policy statement.
The TE Office will send the statement to us. It indicates whether you are a job-seeker and whether you are unemployed.