Amendments proposed to be extended
A number of temporary amendments have been made to unemployment security during the coronavirus epidemic in the spring. As a general rule, the amendments were originally valid until the summer, but it is being now proposed that their validity be extended to the end of the year.
The temporary amendments to the law passed during the coronavirus epidemic in the spring are planned to be extended to the end of 2020. Government proposals (HE 93/2020 and HE 94/2020) have been given to that effect.
If the proposals are passed, the following amendments will be extended to the end of the year:
- Daily allowance can be paid for the waiting period
- Shortened condition regarding employment
- Maximum payment period of laid-off persons will not proceed
- Entrepreneurs may be entitled to receive labour market support
- Changes in the practices of the TE Office
In addition to these, it was proposed that the maximum payment period of unemployed persons and those in part-time employment will not proceed from 1 July 2020 – 31 December 2020.