Our telephone service is open mon-thu between 10 am and 2 pm. Our customer service point in Loimaa is closed until further notice. 

What attachments should I add to the application for daily allowance?

We need a few documents for processing your application for daily allowance. The documents needed vary to some extent depending on your situation. When you fill in the application in OmaYTK, the service will tell you what documents you need to attach.
Please remember that we can only pay daily allowance retroactively for a period of three months. So you should send your application to us well ahead of the three-month limit. You can send the attachments later. We can also request for the necessary attachments if something important is missing.

Salary certificate

Salary certificate is one of the most important attachments. We use it to calculate the amount of your daily allowance. The certificate should include all income for a period of at least 26 weeks before the termination of employment.

Your employer will give you the salary certificate. You can tell the employer that the salary certificate is for the unemployment fund. The salary certificate form can be found here.

Tax card

Tax will be withheld from the earnings-related daily allowance. Hence we need to know your tax withholding percentage.

At the beginning of the year the Tax Administration automatically sends us the tax information of all our members. That information is, however, for the salary. According to the instructions of the Tax Administration, the withholding percentage shall be at least 25, if a benefit is taxed using the withholding percentage of salary.

When you apply for earnings-related daily allowance, you can request a revised tax card from the Tax Administration for the benefit. You can get a revised tax card in the Tax Card Online service. In the same place where you state an estimate on the amount of the benefit you can enter Yleinen työttömyyskassa YTK as the recipient of tax information. Then the Tax Administration will forward the new tax information directly to us.  Then we can withhold the tax using the percentage of the revised tax card without having to increase it to 25 per cent. 

Notice of termination

If your employment has been terminated, append the notice of termination to the application. We need the notice of termination, because we have to determine your period of notice. You cannot receive earnings-related daily allowance for the period during which you are entitled to salary for the period of notice.

If you have not received a written notice of termination, ask your employer to give a written account of the date of the notice of termination, date of ending of the employment, and the grounds for termination. Append the account to your application.

Proof of other income and benefits

As an applicant for unemployment daily allowance you need to inform us immediately about such a change in your conditions that may affect your right to receive daily allowance or reduce the amount of the payable daily allowance. If you are uncertain, please contact our customer service.

Here are some examples:

  • In some cases we also need your employment contract. For example, when you start part-time work, we need the employment contract to assess your right to adjusted daily allowance correctly. We may also need the employment contract in case of dismissal, when we assess your right to salary for the period of notice. We may also ask to see your employment contract in cases of lay-off.

  • If you have income or are for example in a part-time work during the unemployment, append a certificate on your salary to the application.

  • If you receive a social benefit, append a copy of the latest decision concerning the benefit to the application. Also mention any application for pension or appeal concerning a pension application.

  • If you work in part-time entrepreneurial or agricultural entrepreneurial activities, append the details of the latest completed taxation to the application.

  • If you have started part-time entrepreneurial activities, append a calculation for tax to be prepaid to the application.

  • If you or your family receive home care allowance for a child under 3 years old, append the decision on the allowance, and information on who cares for the child.

Was this useful?

Thank you! If you like, you can write more detailed feedback in the comment field below. With the help of the feedback we are able to further improve our sites.

Thank you for your feedback! If you like, you can write in more detail about the type of information you would have needed in the comment field below. With the help of the feedback we are able to further improve our site.