The temporary change to law means that the earnings-related allowance paid to you if you are laid off will not use up the maximum payment period of your earnings-related daily allowance.
ENTRY INTO FORCE
- Issued to Parliament on 2 April 2020
- Approved in Parliament on 9 April 2020
- Presented to the President on 9 April 2020
- Valid from 15 April 2020 to 6 July 2020
- Applicable from 16 March 2020 to 30 June 2020
Normally, we can pay earnings-related allowance for 300, 400 or 500 days. The temporary change in law that will take effect on 15 April 2020 means that an earnings-related daily allowance paid to someone if they are laid off will not use up the maximum payment period.
The change applies to earnings-related daily allowance paid when someone is laid off on or after 16 March 2020 for the period from 16 March 2020 to 30 June 2020.