Our telephone service is open mon-thu between 10 am and 2 pm. Our customer service point in Loimaa is closed until further notice. 

How do I apply for adjusted daily allowance?

If you have income from part-time employment, you can apply for adjusted daily allowance. When you start part-time work, you can continue to apply for daily allowance at the same rate as before. If required, we will request you to modify the application. The goal is that the application period and the salary period are the same. That way we can directly follow the accumulation of your condition regarding employment in the future, and applying for daily allowance is easier for you.

First make sure that you are a job-seeker at the TE Office. Inform the TE Office about your part-time work and entrepreneurial activities. The easiest way to do that is through their online service. Then fill in the application in our online service OmaYTK. If you are applying for daily allowance for the first time, do not send the application until two weeks from starting the work. If you are already receiving daily allowance, continue to apply for it as before. We request you to continue your application if necessary. The goal is that the application period and the salary period are the same.

Remember to send the application within three months from the date from which on you apply for daily allowance. Do not wait to get the necessary attachments as you can submit them afterwards. The most important thing is that we receive your application within three months – the daily allowance cannot be paid retroactively when that time limit expires.

Please state in the application the hours worked. When you receive income from part-time work, let us know. Please attach the pay slip to your application.

It is not necessary to report the working hours for part-time entrepreneurial activities. Just append a copy of the confirmed taxation of your company to the application. If the entrepreneurial activities have just started or essential changes have occurred in them after the latest confirmed taxation, you should submit another report on the company’s income instead of the taxation decision.

If you work through an invoicing company, the working hours need not be reported. Just send us the salary calculation.


You work part-time in April and apply for daily allowance. Your salary is not paid until May.

State in the application your working hours for April. We need information on them for following the condition regarding employment and the activation model. Send the application. As no salary is paid in April, we do not need the salary details at this point.

When you make the application for May in June, attach your payslip. We need it to be able to calculate the effect of the salary on your daily allowance.


When you apply for adjusted daily allowance for the first time, you need to append your employment contract to the application. The employment contract includes information e.g. on the grounds of the salary and the working hours. We need that information for processing the application.

In order for us to be able to calculate the amount of the adjusted daily allowance we also need the pay slip. The pay slip should be attached to the application for the period during which the salary is paid.

When the salary is paid, the employer is obliged to provide a pay slip. Daily allowance is always applied for retroactively, so you should always have a pay slip for the salary paid during the application period when you are making an application.

If your working hours are not shown in the pay slip, we will request a separate specification of the weekly working hours.

The easiest way to send the appendices to us is through the OmaYTK service. See here tips for converting a paper document into an electronic file.

Was this useful?

Thank you! If you like, you can write more detailed feedback in the comment field below. With the help of the feedback we are able to further improve our sites.

Thank you for your feedback! If you like, you can write in more detail about the type of information you would have needed in the comment field below. With the help of the feedback we are able to further improve our site.