If you are a member of YTK and you become unemployed, you can apply for earnings-related daily unemployment benefit from us. The purpose of the unemployment benefit is to ensure that unemployed jobseekers have the financial resources to look for work. The unemployment benefit is also there to compensate for the financial losses caused by unemployment.
First, register with the TE Office as an unemployed jobseeker
First, you must register with the Employment and Economic Development Office (TE office) as an unemployed jobseeker. You should do this at the latest on your first day of unemployment, as the daily allowance can only be paid from the date of registration.
The easiest way to register is through the TE Office website.
Submit your first application for a daily allowance
When you have been unemployed for two weeks, you can send us your first application for earnings-related daily allowance. If you are unemployed for less than two weeks, you can send us your application as soon as you stop being unemployed.
The easiest way to submit your application is via our electronic service, OmaYTK.
Applications for the daily allowance are always made retrospectively. This means that you cannot make the application in advance.
Don't be late
Remember that we can only pay the daily allowance for the past three months. This is why you should submit your application at the latest three months after the start your unemployment.
The same three-month rule applies to all follow-up applications.
The ten commandments for applying for daily allowance
- Register as a job-seeker in the TE Office as soon as you are laid off or given a notice of termination.
- Always apply for daily allowance retroactively for a past period. Make the first application for two past weeks and the further applications for either four past weeks or one past month.
- You cannot apply for daily allowance in advance for a future period.
- Send the first application when two weeks have passed from the beginning of the unemployment or lay-off. Apply for daily allowance for the past two weeks.
- Send a further application, if your unemployment or lay-off continues, even if your first application had not yet been processed.
- Send a further application no earlier than four weeks or one month after the last day of your first application.
- You will get your money sooner, if you use in your further application the application period proposed by OmaYTK.
- Send the last application on the last day of the lay-off or unemployment at the earliest.
- Send the application within three months from the first day of the application period at the latest.
- Keep calm. In case your application is missing essential attachments, we will ask you for them straight away.