Submit an application for earnings-related daily allowance in our electronic service, OmaYTK. The service will guide and assist you at every stage. The application is automatically saved, and you can take a break and continue with the form when you wish.
The ten commandments for applying for daily allowance
- Register as a job-seeker in the TE Office as soon as you are laid off or given a notice of termination.
- Always apply for daily allowance retroactively for a past period. Make the first application for two past weeks and the further applications for either four past weeks or one past month.
- You cannot apply for daily allowance in advance for a future period.
- Send the first application when two weeks have passed from the beginning of the unemployment or lay-off. Apply for daily allowance for the past two weeks.
- Send a further application, if your unemployment or lay-off continues, even if your first application had not yet been processed.
- Send a further application no earlier than four weeks or one month after the last day of your first application.
- You will get your money sooner, if you use in your further application the application period proposed by OmaYTK.
- Send the last application on the last day of the lay-off or unemployment at the earliest.
- Send the application within three months from the first day of the application period at the latest.
- Keep calm. In case your application is missing essential attachments, we will ask you for them straight away.
Application for daily allowance
You must always make the application for daily allowance in writing. There are no other official requirements for the application. however, we need a lot of information in order to assess whether you are entitled to earnings-related daily allowance and to calculate the amount of the allowance. This is why you should use our electronic OmaYTK service. It will ask you all the necessary questions and guide and help you to fill in the application.
When can you submit your first application? Read more here.
When you apply for earnings-related daily allowance, we need to know the salaries you have been paid. In the past, we got this information from a pay statement made by your employer. Today, we get this information from the Incomes Register. Employers enter salary information in the register.
When you complete your application in OmaYTK, you can find your salary information in the Incomes Register and enter it in your application. If you do this, we can process your application faster.
If your employer has only entered a total salary in the Incomes Register, we will need more detailed information. For example, we need to know the amount of your holiday bonus and holiday compensation. You can add this information when you complete your application in OmaYTK. You can find these details in your pay slip, and the OmaYTK service will help you enter this information
If you fill in all the information carefully, we will be able to process your application faster. You do not need to send attachments, just give the information in the application.
If you have worked part-time and found your salary information in the Incomes Register, the application will show the salaries that were paid during the application period.
If your employer has not had time to enter your salaries in the Incomes Register, you can add the salary information yourself in the section: "Is an employer missing?" Add the employer and the missing salary information. You can find all the different income types of the Incomes Register the quick menus and drop-down menus. Enter the salary before taxes and other fees were deducted, the so-called gross salary.
When you send your application to us, you do not have to worry. We will take care of it, and if we need more information, we will contact you.