What should I do if I am dissatisfied with a decision?

​​​​​​​If you are dissatisfied with a decision, you can appeal it.

Re-read the decision

If you are dissatisfied with a decision we send you, read the decision through carefully one more time. Based on the detailed reasoning presented in the decision, you can evaluate its validity. The decision also includes instructions for appeal.

If you still consider the decision to be misguided, contact us. We can then check the case and review the reasoning together. Sometimes a decision can be amended as early on as this stage.

File an appeal of a decision

If the decision cannot be amended and you are still dissatisfied, you can appeal the decision by way of the Social Security Appeal Board. It is always recommended to file appeals in writing and send them to us. The fastest way to do that is via OmaYTK. There is no separate appeal form in the electronic service. A message is sufficient.

See all the contact information.

We will then review your case again. If we cannot amend the decision in the manner you prefer, we will forward the case to the Social Security Appeal Board.

The Social Security Appeal Board

The Appeal Board will investigate the case and issue a decision. If your petition for appeal is accepted, we can amend the appealed decision in accordance with the decision of the Appeal Board.

Insurance Court

If the Appeal Board rejects your petition for appeal, the appealed decision will remain in force. If you want the case to be investigated further, you can appeal the decision of the Appeal Board by way of the Insurance Court. Do as instructed above, i.e., prepare the appeal and send it to us. If we cannot rectify the decision, we will forward your petition for appeal to the Insurance Court.

The decision of the Insurance Court is final and cannot be appealed.

SO do as follows

File an appeal. You can do it as a free-form letter. Remember to observe the given time limit.

First, specify the decision you are appealing. The easiest way is to use the number of the decision, which can be found in the decision itself.

Then explain how you would like to amend the decision. Add the reasoning behind your appeal and append any documents that support your desired revision of the decision.

The easiest way to send your appeal is through OmaYTK. E-mail correspondence is not protected, so we do not recommend it. If you send your appeal by post, remember to sign it. All our contact information can be found in the online service.

Was this useful?

Thank you!

Thank you!