The purpose of the activation model is to encourage you to take measures that support your employment.
Activity can be proved during the follow-up period of 65 payment days
If you have not been enough at work or in employment promoting service during the follow-up period, you will receive reduced earnings-related daily allowance for the next 65 days.
You participate in work or in employment promoting service in a sufficient manner, if:
- You have worked at least 18 hours during the follow-up period, or enough that when performed during one calendar week, the work would be included in the employee’s condition regarding employment.
- During the review period you have earned in total at least 23 per cent of the monthly earnings required for the entrepreneur’s condition regarding employment (1068,00 € x 0,23 = 245,64 € ) (v. 2019). The activity shall be taken into account for the activity review period during which the income from the entrepreneurial activities has been paid. So in entrepreneurial activities it is not decisive when the work has been done but when money has been transferred.
- You have been for five days in an employment-promoting service.
- You have been for five days in other service or activities arranged by the employment authorities that improve your employment possibilities.
- You have been for five days in other activities that support recruitment, implemented at the workplace or in relation to employment, during which you receive daily allowance (more detailed regulations on the content of the activities will be given later by a Council of State decree).
You have studied part-time for at least five days. We can take the same studies into account for the continuous or interrupted duration of a maximum of six months.
You have studied for at least five days and have received unemployment benefit based on short-term studying.
Government Decree on the activation model
The activity requirement can be fulfilled by being for a minimum of five days in other recruitment-supporting activities implemented at the workplace or in relation to employment for the duration of which you receive daily allowance. The Government has passed a decree in which the requirements are determined in more detail.
The Decree will be applied to activity review periods that start on 1 April 2019 and thereafter. If your activity review period started on 31 March or earlier, you can only use these new means in your next review period.
According to the Decree, you can fulfil the activity requirement, if you participate for a minimum of five days in one of the following during the activity review period:
- Such recruitment training which is not a recruitment-supporting service referred to in the Unemployment Security Act and which is not considered full-time studying referred to in the Unemployment Security Act, and for the duration of which unemployment benefit has been paid
- Recruitment-supporting coaching or other similar activities arranged alone, in mutual co-operation or in co-operation with another actor by a municipality, federation of municipalities, the Finnish National Organisation of The Unemployed or its member associations or another registered association that receives public funding
- Recruitment-supporting coaching or other similar activities arranged alone, in mutual co-operation or in co-operation with another actor by a trade union or trade organisation or such registered association whose member is a trade union or trade organisation or a foundation founded by them alone or together, or such association that offers its members legal advice on employment relationships and group insurances related to the employment relationship
- Recruitment-supporting coaching offered by the employer on the basis of the Employment Contracts Act or similar other regulation that obligates the employer or a provision of the collective agreement
- Recruitment-supporting activities the provider of which has the opportunity to receive a reward by result from the appropriations intended for the promotion of employment and prevention of unemployment under the main title of the administrative sector of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment in the state budget.
I don’t know how to activate myself. Where do I get started?
In finding a job you can use the vacancies posted by the TE Office, social media, staff service companies, and your own networks.
Work done through an invoicing company is also accepted for showing your activity. So you should also check out what they have to offer and think about what expertise you could offer as a light entrepreneur.
On the TE Office website you can browse the employment-promoting training available. You can see the it in the supply of the local TE Office in your area.