Työttömyysturvaa ilman muuta
Työttömyysturvaa ilman muuta
Työttömyysturvaa ilman muuta


How much is the membership fee?

For 2016, the amount of the membership fee is 118 euros.

I want to cancel my membership in unemployment fund in the middle of the year, do I get a refund from membership fee?

If your membership ends during the calendar year, the remaining membership fee is returned for which your membership has no longer been valid. Returning of the membership fee is possible provided that the fee has been paid in full. Amounts under 10 euro are not returned. The returned membership fee does not collect interest.


Can I keep my membership valid in a Trade Union if I transfer my membership from another unemployment fund to YTK?

You can keep you membership valid in a  trade union if you join to YTK.  You can´t be a member in two unemployment funds at the same time. If you are a member of some other unemployment fund when joining YTK, you´ll have to resign from your previous unemployment fund. In the joining application you can give YTK the power to take care of the resignation from the former fund for you. Unions membership we can´t end. If you don´t want to continue unions membership the membership of a trade union you must end yourself. As a member of a union you might have paid the unemployment funds membership fee together with the unions. If your membership fee was collected straight from your salary in the former fund, please inform your accountant that you have transferred between funds.

I have got reminder invoice can I transfer due date or pay membership fee in parts?

To keep your membership valid you should pay membership fee yearly. According to YTK rules to pay daily allowance provided that membership fee has been paid. Due date of reminder invoice we can not be transferred and membership fee can not be paid in parts.

How can I join as an existing member, will you take care of my resignation from the previous fund?

It is possible to transfer between funds. In this case, it is recommended that you first send your application to the new fund. Please send your resignation to your existing fund only after having received confirmation of the success of your new application, you cannot be a member of two funds. In that way, you transfer to your new fund as an 'existing member' and your unemployment security continues uninterrupted. This also preserves your existing time of membership and of employment and will be carried over to the new fund.

In the application you can give YTK the power to take care of the resignation from the former fund for you. In this case, the fund will ask to end the membership to the previous day you join YTK. Please notice that the possible membership of a trade union you must end yourself. If your membership fee was collected straight from your salary in the former fund, please inform your accountant that you have transferred between funds. The membership fee of YTK you will have to pay yourself. 

If you have already resigned from your previous unemployment fund, your time of employment and time of membership from the previous fund can only be counted towards your new membership if you join the new fund within one month of having resigned from the old fund. If you exceed the one-month joining period, your membership in the new fund will be that of a 'new member', i.e. you will start over with accruing the working time required for maintaining the employment condition and the transfer is not a transfer of funds.

It is also worth remembering that there may be a period between your resignation from one fund and joining another when you are not a member of either fund and therefore, remain uninsured. This period will not count towards your statutory employment condition. For this reason, the previously suggested method of resigning is preferable. In any case, it is important to ensure that the membership fees are paid up until the moment of resignation.

When can I expect the invoice for the membership fee?

A new member will receive an invoice for the membership fee within a few weeks of the date of joining. The following years, the next years invoice will be sent automatically during the Noverber-December. The member can choose, whether they want the invoice as an e-bill, by mail or into Itella’s NetPosti –service. Membership fee bills are sent in groups by the birth month of the member. In case there are many members in the same household, the invoices do not necessarily arrive at the same time.

Can the membership start retroactively?

According to the Unemployment Fund Act, the membership starts, at earliest, on the day that the member applies for membership in writing. A person's membership can start, at the earliest, on the day the fund receives the application form. Membership cannot start retroactively.

I am on a maternity leave / starting my studies / doing my military service, do I have to pay the membership fee?

The observation period (28 months) of employment condition can be prolonged for a maximum of seven years, if the applicant is prevented from being on the job market, for example because of the birth of a child, taking care of a child under 3 years, full-time studying, employment promoting services, military service, civil service, illness, institutionalization or rehabilitation. Prolonging the observation period means that you can keep the employment weeks you have accumulated before your maternity leave or other previously mentioned reason. To be able to keep the employment time, you have to pay the membership fee normally.

How can I join YTK?

Membership is applied for in writing. You can fill in and send the application form electronically through our website. The forms are also available for printing under the link Forms and you can mail it to us. The membership at YTK can begin from the day the application arrives at the fund at earliest. Membership cannot begin retroactively.

Can students join YTK?

Yes they can, if they work during their studies. People living in Finland and working as an employee are accepted as members of YTK. The work can be part-time or occasional. After joining as a member, the entitlement to earnings-related daily allowance is validated, when during the membership one has worked for at least 26 calendar weeks during which there has been at least 18 weekly working hours in general.

Can I pay the fee with an old reference number?

The membership fee cannot be paid using an old reference number. Please always use the latest reference number when paying the membership fee, as the reference number does not remain the same each year. Using the correct reference number for the year, the payment is automatically registered to the right member.