Työttömyysturvaa ilman muuta
Työttömyysturvaa ilman muuta
Työttömyysturvaa ilman muuta
Benefits ABC

Working in the third countries

Work done outside the EU/EEA countries and Switzerland cannot be read into the Finnish employment condition. Your employment in the third countries accumulates the employment condition only if the employment is work done as a sent employee in service for a Finnish employer. When returning to Finland, you are entitled to earnings-related daily allowance paid by a Finnish unemployment fund if:

  • You have maintained your membership in a Finnish unemployment fund during your employment. Please notice that joining a fund as an unemployed person is not possible when returning from third countries.
  • You live in Finland and otherwise meet the preconditions for payments of daily allowance, according to the unemployment security legislation. If necessary, we ask for the Social Insurance Institution’s decision about the residence in Finland.

A sent person, working in service of the Finnish government in a representative office abroad, is always insured in Finland. Also, the unemployment insurance of the personnel hired on the spot remains in Finland, if they immediately prior to their service have belonged under the Finnish unemployment insurance.

Liity tästä
Laske päivärahasi
YTK:n blogi