Your entitlement to daily allowance ends after you have received unemployment daily allowance for the maximum period. Once a new employment condition is fulfilled, the maximum period starts anew. A new employment condition can be fulfilled either that it is fulfilled during the last maximum period or that the employment condition is fulfilled after the maximum period has been used or that a part of the work included in the employment condition has been done before the maximum period has been used and a part is done after it.
If your employment condition is fulfilled again, generally your daily allowance is also defined again and a new waiting period is set for you.
- 1.1.2014 a change in the legislation became active and the level of daily allowance will not be defined again, if the maximum period of daily allowance paid according to the recalculated salary would begin within a year from the beginning of the previous maximum period and the level of daily allowance was defined at the beginning of the previous maximum period of daily allowance.
- A new waiting period is not set, if the new maximum period of daily allowance would begin within a year from the beginning of the previous maximum period and a waiting period has been set at the beginning of the previous maximum period of daily allowance.
The 80% protection rule concerning the level of new daily allowance
If the definition of the level of earnings-related daily allowance happens again before the maximum period of daily allowance runs out, the so-called 80% rule protects the level of daily allowance. According to this protection rule, the earnings-related daily allowance based on the new income information is always at least the same amount as basic daily allowance and at least 80% of the previously paid earnings-related daily allowance. The comparison is done to earnings-related daily allowance without the possible child increase and increased earnings-related portion. If you have only received adjusted earnings-related daily allowance from the unemployment fund, the comparison is made to the full allowance you would have received as a completely unemployed person. Please notice that the 80% protection rule does not apply if the maximum period has run out before fulfilling a new employment condition.
- During additional days (entitlement to additional days) you might also work and accumulate the employment condition. Even if you fulfilled a new employment condition on additional days, the maximum period does not start over. A new waiting period is not set and the level of earnings-related daily allowance is not defined again, because your entitlement to unemployment benefits is based in this situation on the entitlement to additional days and not on the fulfillment of employment condition.
- If you fulfill a new employment condition during employment training or your own studies that are supported with unemployment benefits, the maximum period does not start over even if you fulfill a new employment condition. A new waiting period is not set and the level of earnings-related daily allowance is not defined again. If you have fulfilled the employment condition during the aforementioned services and are unemployed after they end, your daily allowance is defined again and the maximum period starts over.
- If your employment condition has been fulfilled again in work where you have been employed based on an obligation under legislation on public employment and business (obligational work), the amount of daily allowance is defined again only in case the salary defined by the new income information would be larger than the previously defined salary. Employment based on work obligation does not thus decrease the unemployment benefits after the work ends.